Matthew 11:28–30 (NIV)
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
- What do we learn about Jesus in this passage?
- Weary and burdened. Can you relate? Tell about a time when you felt weary and burdened.
- What does “rest” mean in this context?
- Learn from me. How exactly do we do that?
- What is Jesus’s yoke?
- Is Christian living easy or hard?
- What did Jesus mean that His yoke is easy?
- If Jesus’s yoke is easy, why does it feel difficult at times?
- Following Christ sometimes feels hard. Is not following Christ any easier?
- How do we put on Jesus’s easy yoke?
- Do we need to put on Jesus’s yoke once, or more than once? How often?
- How can we pray for each other this week?